What is the curtain wall? I believe that outsiders have no idea about curtain walls. In fact, curtain walls are what we call hanging walls in our daily life, and most of the time they are used as fences on the outer walls of buildings. So what is the specific curtain wall?
What is the curtain wall
1. The curtain wall is hung on the exterior wall of the building like a curtain, and it is an enclosure structure that does not bear the load or act as the role and load of the main structure. generally speaking, the curtain wall is relatively light and strong, and also relatively beautiful, so as far as the building is concerned, it has a certain decorative effect.
2. The curtain wall is the outer wall enclosure of the building, which is composed of panel and supporting structure system.
the performance of curtain wall
1. Air permeability.
2. It has good fireproof property and is healthy and environmentally friendly.
3. It has strong wind resistance and anti-pressure deformation.
4. It has the characteristic of preventing Rain Water from leakage.
5, the appearance is very lost, so it still exists as decoration to a certain extent.
6. The curtain wall is also very energy-saving.
7. In-plane deformation and earthquake resistance.
8. Thermal engineering is often referred to as thermal insulation.
9. Sound insulation and lightning protection.
Characteristics of the curtain wall
1. Generally speaking, the curtain wall is used on the outside of the main structure and is generally covered on the surface of the main structure.
2. The curtain wall is an independent and complete whole structural system.
3. The curtain wall has a certain fretting ability relative to the main structure in the plane.
Fourth, the advantages of curtain wall
1. Light weight
Under the comparison of the same area, the quality of the glass curtain wall is about 10 to 12 of the painted brick wall, 15 of the marble and granite facing wet wall, and 5 to 7 of the concrete hanging board. The use of curtain wall can greatly reduce the weight of the building, thus reducing the cost of foundation engineering.
It can improve the design of building novelty and science and technology, such as photovoltaic energy-saving curtain wall, double ventilation duct breathing curtain wall and so on.
3. Strong anti-seismic ability
Because the curtain wall adopts flexible design, it has strong wind resistance and seismic resistance, so it is the best choice for all high buildings.
4. Flexible design
The artistic effect of the curtain wall is particularly good. Architects can design different shapes according to everyone's needs, and they can also choose different colors to make it more coordinated with the surrounding environment. With lighting, buildings can also have different visual effects. It can also reduce the sense of pressure on tall buildings.
5. Systematic construction
Systematic construction can better control the construction period, and the time consuming will be relatively short.
6. Convenient maintenance and replacement
Because it is built in the outer structure of the building, it is convenient to repair and replace it.
In recent years, the rapid development of computer technology has provided the basis for the extensive use of digital technology in architectural design. "there is no unexpected shape, no drawing, no curtain wall" has become a broad consensus. Therefore, random free flow surface has become an important means for architects to express their design ideas.
The above is the introduction of the curtain wall, if you want to know more about the curtain wall, please feel free to contact us.
Post time: Jun-17-2022